Why Tiny Houses are Popular in PA
In the northeastern most corner of the country, the Pine Tree State makes the coast its home. With stunning ocean vistas and more pine trees that you can shake a stick at, pa offers both scenery and serenity to those who call it home. However, currently, in pa, many people are struggling to meet housing expenses since wages barely meet the minimum needed to cover basic living expenses. In 2016, nearly half of the population of Cumberland Country could not afford the median home price. This figure was even higher in coastal communities like Camden and Stonington. Being unable to meet the average cost of living, more than 6000 Mainers had found themselves homeless in 2016. With figures like this, it’s no wonder why more and more Mainers are starting to look at tiny houses for sale in PA.
Although PA is not known for its booming economy, or much other than its beautiful coastal scenery, it is a state that continues to captivate those looking to adopt the tiny house lifestyle. Tiny home owners in PA truly get to enjoy a many of the benefits offered by tiny house living.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
There are many benefits to living in a tiny house in PA. Although, the scenery is beautiful, there are many other key factors that keep attracting people to this nomadic lifestyle. Here, we go over a few of the most interesting aspects that might interest you in tiny house living.
- Mobility – These days, many people are looking for tiny houses for sale in PA that are mounted on wheels. Akin to an RV, although by far more functional, this type of tiny home allows its owner the possibility to pick up and move their life around at any time. Even those who live in tiny homes built on permanent foundations get to enjoy a life with fewer bills and debt. This, in turn, often allows tiny home owners to invest more money into traveling and experiencing the world.
- Green – Many people like the idea of living in a tiny house because it is a more green and sustainable lifestyle. Not only are tiny homes generally more energy efficient than their counterparts, but they are often built using recycled materials that are environmentally friendly such as wood and stone. Moreover, many tiny houses are powered by their own solar panels or use electricity created by generators.
- Profitable – Depending on the type of solar system that is used, some tiny home owners may even be able to produce more power than they use. They are then able to sell this excess power back to the utility company, in turn, making profits on the transaction.
- Debt – Many tiny home owners also benefit by owing less debt to the banks. Whether they were able to finance their tiny house by using a small personal loan or managed to pay for it out of their own pocket, tiny home owners are usually able to pay down their debt much faster than those who are paying for a traditional house.
- Repairs – One major benefit of finding tiny homes for sale in PA is that there are a lot fewer things that can break or go wrong. Not only will repairs and maintenance jobs be smaller projects overall, they will also cost much less than repair on larger houses. With their smaller dimensions, tiny houses also have less space for clutter to build up. Many tiny house owners are looking to rid themselves of a lot of the things in their lives that are unnecessary. They tend to focus more on the experience of living life to its fullest, rather than collecting material possessions.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in PA
Tiny homes for sale in PA will vary in price depending on many factors such as where they are located, the size of the tiny home and of course, whether you’re building or buying your tiny home. With these factors in mind, the cost can be anywhere from $20 000 to $150 000.
Many tiny house builders will quote prices around the $30 000 mark, but that price is only for the bare bones of a tiny house. For a custom, fully-finished house, you are looking at closer to $70 000 – $130 000. This higher price will often include having your tiny house furnished by the builder and complete with all interior finishes.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in PA?
There are basically two options when it comes to acquiring a tiny house in PA. You must either build the tiny house or buy one much in the same way that you would buy a conventional home. Building and buying both have their own set of pros and cons.
- Pros – When you choose to build your home, you get the ability to customize the home the way you want it. You will get to make all the choices from which building materials get used to the layout of the rooms.
- Cons – Building can sometimes be a complicated process. You will have to have a lot or parcel of land to build your tiny house on and will have to adhere to local building codes. While enlisting a builder will help simplify the process, building a tiny house is, overall, a lengthier and more complex process than buying one.
- Pros – When you choose to purchase a tiny house, you will often be able to move in sooner than when you must wait for the house to be built. It also means that there is no complicated planning and building involved, which means less potential headaches.
- Cons – The major downside to buying a previously owned tiny house is that you do not get to make any calls as to the layout or which building materials get used.
Why Hiring Builders is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in PA
There are truly many reasons why hiring a builder is the better choice when it comes to looking for a tiny house. Builders are professional contractors who often have many years’ experience building tiny homes. They are licensed and have all the knowledge required to build a tiny house that is solid and will last for the years to come.
What Can We Offer
With customer satisfaction as our number one priority, Build Tiny House has dedicated itself to the tiny house movement since day one. With our customers and the environment in mind, we stop at nothing to get our customers into the tiny house of their dreams as soon as possible, without any hassle. Our number one goal is ensuring that our clients have their voices heard throughout the entire building process and that by the time we are through with the build, they walk away with a smile on their face.
Many of our customers can pay off their mortgages and debts much faster than traditional home owners. This allows them to focus on being able to save their money to do the things they want to do. When you buy yourself a normal, full-size home, you often end up with a debt that takes anywhere from 20 to 25 years to pay off. However, when we get our customers into their ideal tiny house, they are often able to settle their debts in as little as 5 to 10 years.
Build Tiny House is proud to offer our clients as many sustainable and environmentally friendly choices as possible. We are now delighted to announce that Timber Frame tiny houses have now been added to our official product line. Timber Frame houses have many benefits over traditional building materials. Timber is naturally non-toxic and durable. It is a durable building material that even has fire-resistant properties.
With so many great benefits, it only makes sense to use our services when looking to adopt the tiny house lifestyle. We do our best to work with our clients throughout the entire process. We want our customers to be part of the process and we make sure that you are involved when we are designing the initial layout and blueprints for the tiny house, all the way through to when the final touches are being made to the interior of your brand-new home.
We are also happy to announce that we offer interior furnishings to our customers. This way, when we are finished building your tiny house, you will be able to move in right away, without having to spend time and money on appliances and furniture.
Another great benefit of making the move to tiny house living is that you will start to meet more people who are just like you. Throughout the state, there are many tiny house communities where people from across the country make their home. When you live in a tiny house, you become part of a community of like-minded people who are striving to make the world a better place.
Build Tiny House is dedicated to finding our customers the perfect tiny houses for sale in PA. Every person’s personal and financial situation is going to be different and that is why we offer our service in as many locations throughout the state as possible. We also offer free delivery across to any state within the United States. Our offices are in
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in PA
The laws regarding whether a tiny house is legal will depend on several factors that are specific to your property. These factors will include where you live and the size of your lot. Another factor that comes into play is whether your tiny house is on wheels or built on a permanent foundation and whether you will be using it as your permanent residence.
The tiny house movement is still relatively new on the scene and land owners are only now just starting to address the issue of tiny homes. The city of Portland has recently issued a statement that they are considering zoning in relation to tiny houses, but also said that it may take quite some time before any of the necessary changes are implemented.
Always remember to check with local building authorities before starting any major projects.