One of the most important things that you should not forget is to regularly clean your mattress. As days go by, your mattress will accumulate dirt and allergens that will not only affect the quality of your sleep, but your health and wellness as well. This is especially important if you live in a humid environment because we are sure that your bed will retain not only sweat, but moisture as well.
If you still do not know how to go about cleaning your best mattress for the money, then this is your lucky day. In this article, we will be listing some of the most effective, but very easy to follow tips to ensure that your mattress is always fresh and clean.
- The first thing you need to do is to strip your bed from all its covers first. Wash all your pads, linens and sheets. Just remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions as to how they should be washed. This is important to be able to fully clean all them and make sure that they will last longer.
- When cleaning a mattress, it is important to vacuum it. Start at the top and then work your way down. Make sure to vacuum all sides to get all the dirt.
- If your mattress smells, then you can deodorize it by using baking soda. All you need to do is to sprinkle the whole mattress and then use a scrub brush. Just wait for around 10 minutes before vacuuming it once again.
- If there are stains, then you should also take care of that. Just keep in mind that the actions that you need to do will depend on what stain you are going to clean. For example, if it is a blood stain, then you will need hydrogen peroxide, around ¼ cup. Mix that with table soap and a tbsp of liquid dish soap. After incorporating everything, put some of the mixture directly on the stain. Leave it there for a couple of minutes before cleaning the residue. If there is still stain left, use hydrogen peroxide and a rag to clean it.
If the stain is from urine, then you will need hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap as well, although, this time, you will also need baking soda. Just dab the mixture directly on the stain. Just put enough, making sure that your mattress will not be soaked too much with the solution.
- When cleaning a mattress, do not forget to flip it to clean the other side too. Just because you are not directly sleeping on that side, it does not mean that it won’t need to be cleaned as well. As a rule, clean all sides.
- There are also washable mattress covers that you may want to look into. We all know how busy one can get with work and other personal stuff, but with a cover, it will be easier for you.
- Don’t forget to rotate your mattress in time for season change. This will help lengthen the life of your mattress since you will not be sleeping on the same spot every night for the whole year.
- When cleaning, you can place it under the sun to allow it to breathe freely. This will also you to get rid of unwanted odor.
There you have it! Just follow the tips we have listed above. Cleaning may be a daunting task, but remember that sleeping on a clean mattress is priceless. It is important not only for your peace of mind, but your health of course.